Site Network: Home | About



iPhone vs Blackberry Storm

I have been using an iPhone for a couple weeks now and all I have to say is WOW. The phone is freaking amazing, email, internet, texting, misc apps, phone calls and music all work with very little issues. The virtual keyboard was the hardest to overcome but I have done a very good job at adapting. My only complaint would be the battery life but that is expected on a device like this.

I currently have 3 email accounts loaded on the iPhone as well as a few gigs of music. I still need to add more and a few video files. I have downloaded about 13 free applications from the Apps Store and most are pretty useful. I love the fact that you can browse the store from the phone and download on the fly. The internet web page display rivals anything out there and I love the ability of flipping landscape and expanding/cropping the page with my fingers.

As for the Blackberry Storm, I am still new to it, I am currently setting up my corporate email on the device as I type this. The main difference between the devices would be the force feedback you have on the Storm when typing or opening/launching anything. You have to push down so it feels like a button instead of a touch. The portrait/landscape rendering is slow and a bit clumsy as well as the keyboard. When in portait mode you have the doubletype keyboard which I really, really hate. Add on top the so called word complete Blackberry is so fond of and I am ready to throw it out the window. You can turn it sideways but then the keyboard covers over half the screen, big problem I say. I had a hard time scrolling on menus and even if I selected the right option I still hit the one below it which I found annoying.

I know I just spent the last paragraph dogging the Storm but this was from the initial setup. I plan on playing with it over the weekend and at that point have a better idea on the device. Unfortunately there are not a ton of apps you can install on the blackberry but next quarter RIM will be launching an online store.

So far my co-workers hate the Storm and its up to me to salvage anything good out of the device. I know it will never compete with the iPhone but I am interested to see how it does against the HTC Touch.

Posted by mardenhill 12/12/2008 05:14:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment