Site Network: Home | About



Miner - Napa Valley 2003 Sauvignon Blanc


Last night I opened a 2003 Sauvignon Blanc that had been in my wine fridge for years. I didn't know what to expect since this isn't really a wine you are supposed to age, instead you should drink early and enjoy. I was very suprised at what I had here, it was a Sauvignon Blanc that had mellowed on the acidity. The fruit came thru big time and was rich and warm not tight with mouthfuls of citrus. It wasn't as buttery as a Chard more like a Viognier which I found very interesting. I decided to conduct an experiment and search out older Sauv Blancs to see if I can duplicate the style. Finding older whites might be a problem but I have a few ideas where I can look. I don't know if my findings will be as good as Miner but you never know.

Posted by mardenhill 12/13/2008 09:52:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment