Site Network: Home | About



Three Saints - Cabernet Sauvignon Santa Ynez Valley 2005

I bought this wine about a year ago and left it the basement waiting for a good time to open. Tonight was that nite and I have to say it was worth the wait. The wine is a classic Cab from California, plenty of lush fruit followed by some oak and tannin. The nose isn't sweet though, tobacco and black current are present and dominate. The start is plump and juicy with a mouthful of fruit that is replaced with a smokey and dry finish. It is long and lingers on the back of your tongue with a hint of heat representing the alcohol at the back of your throat. I will be interested to see how this wine tastes tomorrow since it was pretty cold when I opened it. I will give it some time and return for a 2nd round.

http://www.threesaintsvineyard.com/about.html

Posted by mardenhill 12/08/2008 09:59:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment