Site Network: Home | About



Dogfish Head Fort

I am still struggling how to explain this one to you. The beer is from Dogfish Head my 2nd favorite microbrew and one of the most unique beers I have ever had. Its a strong ale that is brewed over a ton of pureed raspberries. Upon opening, the smell of fruit is overpowering and can be picked up across the room. The beer itself is both sweet and tart at the same time. The sweetness hits you first but then the alcohol and finish of the raspberries tighten your mouth. Erika didn't get it but for some reason the beer smells like sushi to me. Something about the sweetness of sushi rice and this bottle have something in common. I don't expect anyone else to agree with me but just take my word for it. This isn't an everyday beer either, the bottle itself is the price of a decent bottle of wine. If you are a fan of Belgian Lambics you will find this a worthy adversary and one that should be experienced. Just brewed is the Aprihop an amazing fruit/hop beer and in a few months will be the Festina Peache, a beer that rivals Bell's Oberon.

http://www.dogfish.com/brewings/Occasional_Rarities/Fort/23/index.htm

Posted by mardenhill 4/18/2008 06:12:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment