Site Network: Home | About



ProxyVote Time


THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES RECOMMENDS A VOTE AGAINST THE FOLLOWING:

Proposal 5.

Shareholder proposal for Fidelity Canada Fund, Fidelity Diversified International Fund, Fidelity International Discovery Fund, Fidelity Mid-Cap Stock Fund, and Fidelity Overseas Fund concerning Board oversight procedures to screen out investments in companies that substantially contribute to genocide, patterns of extraordinary and egregious violations of human rights, or crimes against humanity.
...................................................................................
So I received my Proxy Vote this weekend and decided that I better open it up and vote before I forget. Knowing all the power that the shares in my 401K hold, its imperitive to make my voice heard. Yeah I am being sarcastic but hey, when it comes to voting, I love to whether it be in elections or investments. Anyways, the proposal on the ballot for my Fidelity is above and it really blew me away. The board has recommended that shareholders vote against the proposal because it may harm their future investments. In the packet its states that if adopted, this proposal would limit investments by these funds that would be lawful under the laws of the United States. So the board is basically saying, lets not be proactive, its better to wait for the US Govt to deem regimes and countries unfit for investing. If sanctions come down, then yeah pull investments. I have really seen some stupid arguments against proposals over the years but this one takes the cake. I also voted not to elect any of these jokers back to the board.

Posted by mardenhill 3/30/2008 11:46:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment