Site Network: Home | About



Mark Lanegan

Mark is on his way to becoming the new Ryan Adams with releases in one year. His work with Greg Dulli which I just reviewed the other day came out this month and another duet this time with Isobell Campbell (their followup to the Ballad of the Broken Seas release in 2006) will be out in May. Mark and Isobell released an amazing cd back in '06 and I am curious to see how things will sound the 2nd time around.

Sunny At Devil Dirt will be released on May 5th with a short UK tour to follow.

I am kicking myself bigtime because I actually missed his last collaberation with the Soulsavers which came out in October 2007. The Soulsavers are an electronic duo who took on the task of writing music that could support Mark's vocals and style. What came out was utterly brilliant, the cd mixes gospel and country with some excellent downbeats. There are a few covers on the recording, a Rolling Stones, Neil Young and even a remix of "Kingdom Of Rain" off of Mark's 2nd solo release. You can hear a few songs at the Soulsavers myspace page below. "Revival" is one of the best songs I have heard in years and the new "Kingdom of Rain" may be better than the original. I did some searching and Pitchfork had a couple articles about it but no huge writeup and it happened to appear when I was on vacation last year. I still can't believe I missed this but I have made up for it by listening to the cd multiple times in the last 24 hrs.

http://www.myspace.com/soulsavers

Posted by mardenhill 3/10/2008 06:10:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment