Site Network: Home | About



Cruiser Bike


I am closer to a decision on a new bike this spring, its either between the Trek Calypso or Drift. Both are new bikes, affordable and well made.

Calypso: retro design with modern look, 7 speed, hand breaks and white walls.

Drift: more retro, the details are made to look worn and cooler frame. 3 speed with pedal brakes and cork hand grips.

I have to decide what I like better for brakes, pedals or hands. The design of the Drift is very cool and although there are no whitewalls, I could go for this one. Once the weather warms up, I will head to the local bike store to test both models and make my decision. The Calypso is $80 cheaper which is a factor but the big one will be the whole braking situation.

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes/2008/bike_path/cruiser/drift3/

Posted by mardenhill 3/12/2008 10:19:00 AM  

1 Comment:

  1. Jenna said...
    I have to admit, I really like the white walls. And I don't know that I've ridden a bike with pedal brakes since I was 10, I'm not sure I'd know what to do with them.

    But both bikes do look really cool!

Post a Comment