Site Network: Home | About



True North Cherry Vodka

I wrote about the Grand Traverse Distillery a few months ago but had never had a chance to try their product. We received a bottle of their True North Cherry Vodka for Xmas and opened it last nite. Right away I could tell this was going to be a full flavored spirit just from the aromas coming out of the bottle. I chilled about a half shot just to try and loved it. The cherry flavor is huge and the vodka goes down smooth. We mixed it with some cherry grape juice we had and it made for an excellent cocktail. Besides drinking some great vodka you are also supporting a MI company which can only help our state. Don't forget to check out their updated website below.

And while we are on the topic of MI, look for the opening of Forty Five North Vineyards this year. I read about them a couple months ago and from what I have seen this should be a great addition to our growing line of MI winerys.

http://www.grandtraversedistillery.com/products.html

http://www.fortyfivenorth.com/

Posted by mardenhill 1/01/2008 04:27:00 PM  

1 Comment:

  1. Steven Grossnickle said...
    Congratulations on your fabulous blog! Although not yet tasted, I'm sure the cherry vodka will be scrumptious and I can hardly wait to meld it together with some of Shawn Walter's Forty-Five North's Peach Cremont, a bubbly peach wine that would go well with a warm Leelanau summer's day. And speaking of Forty-Five North, I must say that Shawn's Dry Riesling was just judged "best white wine" at the prestigious Pacific Rim Wine Competition, a best of category among 2800 judged wines. I was pleased for him, the wine was actually judged second overall in the competition, losing to a cream sherry, whatever that is. Keep up the good work, you might enjoy my son's blog, eric@grossnickle.org. Having just completed his MFA in digital videography in S.F., he is somewhat off the wall, so to speak. Thanks for the 45N comments! Steven Grossnickle, and remember, drink more wine, I'm in the business

Post a Comment