Site Network: Home | About



Iowa Caucus

Tomorow nite is the 1st voting for our 2008 nominees and there has been many twists and turns over the last few months. 3 months ago, it was all Clinton and Romney but now its Obama and Huckabee. Now I am not a fan of the caucus just because I don't think its fair that 100,000 people (sometimes more/less) should have so much say on whether candidates stay or go. I hate seeing candidates bow out after Iowa and its bound to happen.

Michigan is getting screwed come Jan 15th when the Dems (sans Hillary) have pulled their names from the ballot. They didn't want to mess with tradition and decided to side with the powers that be and kicked MI to the curb. With that in mind, I will not vote for any Dem during our primary but I will still vote. I spoke about this before and will no doubt bring it up again but I think its important for everyone to know how stupid our current process is.

My choice as of now would be Biden but realistically it won't happen. My 2nd choice if I need to pick a top tier candidate would be Obama. I do hope Barack beats Hillary since I am ready for a fresh start and not a potential 28 years of two families. From what I have read, Biden knows that he would have a better shot at Secretary of State in an Obama cabinet with his son taking over his Senate seat. I could handle this outcome and wouldn't mind seeing it played out this way. There are those who have predicted an Obama/Webb ticket which would be amazing and one that I think I could support.

Posted by mardenhill 1/02/2008 09:38:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment