Site Network: Home | About



Woodward Dream Cruise


Its time, time for all the metro Detroiters to get excited and rush over to Woodward to watch a bunch of old cars cruise along the Woodward corridor. Its a love it or hate it weekend for those who live in the area and guess what, I happen to be one of those people. I live a mile off of the street and and hate the cruise. All it is to me is huge congestion, lots of noise, excessive pollution and hours of gridlock. We try to go out of town whenever its dream cruise weekend but this year we will be around. The cruise is fun for about 20 minutes, you go up, see some old cars and go home. And the 20 minutes is only good every 4-5 years as well. I will admit, I'm not a car guy, I don't care about muscle cars, vintage and whatever else comes with the territory. The car gets me from point A to point B and if it has some cool technology (and fuel efficient) then I like it. The idea of spending hours watching old cars drive 2 miles an hour up and down Woodward for hours on end is like nails on a chalkboard. I do like that it brings out of towners and lots of money to the area which is always good.

Unfortunately the dream cruise isn't just one day, it started the beginning of the week with people sitting in lawn chairs along the side of the road watching cars cruise while driving in normal daily traffic. I am not looking forward to my commute home since I need to cross Woodward and since I work at a crossroad that still intersects the cruise loop and live on the other side I either have to deal with the traffic or take the expressway home. Oh well, I can use it as an excuse to leave work early tomorrow.

I may ride my bike up on Saturday the official day to snap some photos so I can post it for all of you to see. That way you can feel my pain........

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

Posted by mardenhill 8/16/2007 10:54:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment