Site Network: Home | About



Taz Chardonnay 2005


I picked up this bottle at Costco this afternoon with no idea what to expect. The only thing that drew me to it was the Santa Barbara location and the lack of label. I had two choices either an '05 or '06. I grabbed the '05 hoping that it was a good year for the region. Upon opening I did enjoy the nose and the first drink was nice. You had some oak that wasn't overpowering but did linger a bit longer than I would have preferred. The green apple appeared along with a some apricot. My only compaint would be that after the wine warms up just a bit, not talking 2 hours it becomes very hot, i.e. alcohol tasting.

What I did find annoying was that the last update the vineyards had on their website was the '04 and here I am drinking the '05 with last years sitting at the store. If they can't take the time to keep their website up to date, why should I invest in their wine? Another complaint came from a google search where I found that the vineyard is part of a larger conglomerate created to emulate boutique wines. I am not saying Taz are a bunch of hacks, they are a legit vineyard just capitalizing on the latest trend. Not sure if I would buy it again but it's not Yellow Tail either....

http://www.tazvineyards.com/taz/home.jsp

Posted by mardenhill 8/05/2007 09:08:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment