Site Network: Home | About



Amazing Quote

I'm not a huge Spin reader, it had its moments years ago but fell out of favor in leu of Paste and other music rags that didn't cater to all the kiddies. Anyways Interpol was on the cover of the latest issue and since I get them free (I get all my magazines free, one of our divisions at work place all the ads for our client on tv, radio and print so there are always tubs of free mags of every interest, even ones I never knew existed) so I picked it up. Just a few pages in I came across this photo and quote, which made me laugh for what seemed like hours. Whether you like Glenn or not he is right on with this one. I have always hated Nu Metal and to see one of the greats dis it was music to my ears. Years ago I went to a Danzig show and had a great time people watching. Some of the grubbiest people in Detroit were at the show and my favorite person was some guy who had his whole back dedicated to Motorhead. He had the band's name across the top of his shoulders and 4 album covers covering the rest of his back. You really have to be a fan to devote your body like that to a band. Click on the photo for a better look.

Nu metal is a musical genre that has origins in the mid 1990s. It typically fuses influences from the grunge[1] and alternative metal of the 1990s with funk music, hip-hop, and various heavy metal genres, most often thrash metal and groove metal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nu_metal

Posted by mardenhill 7/26/2007 08:36:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment