Site Network: Home | About



Absinthe Back In The States

Its been a long 95 years but the wait is over. Absinthe is finally legal in the US once again. We are not talking about some knockoff bottles but the original stuff made with real Grande Wormwood. Now the myth of hallucinations from the stuff was just propaganda used to ban the drink, modern science has debunked that theory. You would have to drink multiple bottles of the stuff and at 62% I don't see many people making it thru even one. While in London I was able to try Absinthe which was one of those things I have wanted to do for years. I did find out that there is the classic French style and a Chech which is more minty like Listerine. I preferred the French style and thats what Lucid is. I drank the Absinthe in the traditional method with a sugar cube and cold water dripped over the top. It turned cloudy and a bright emerald green. From some articles I came across it looks to be $60 for a 750ml. This may change from state to state but it is something I would invest in. As of now its only in New York but Lucid promises more distribution throughout the US. The website has a very interesting FAQ which answers all your questions regarding this exotic elixir.

http://drinklucid.com/

Posted by mardenhill 7/05/2007 04:44:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment