Site Network: Home | About



Travis - The Boy With No Name (2007)

As 2007 rolls on, the music continues to get better and better. Travis (the original Coldplay) just released their latest cd The Boy With No Name. This cd falls in between the dark and moodiness of The Man Who and sunshine pop of The Invisible Band. Track 1 "3 Times and You Lose" starts off soft and acoustic with the signature guitar sound picking up and carrying thru til the end of the song. Track 5 "Battleships" adds strings to the melancholy and somber mood but surprises the listener with hints of sunshine bursting thru.

I have always been a fan of Travis, I remember buying The Man Who on import when it was announced they were opening for Oasis back in '99. The theatre was about half full for Travis and they were very surprised to see so many people checking them out and singing along. Since then I had seen Travis a few more times and each show was excellent. I always felt that they deserved the fame and fortune bestowed onto Coldplay but I guess it wasn't in the cards. Travis is one of the best bands out there to blend subdued and flowing music with a wide range of emotion without being "EMO".

Rating 8/10

Posted by mardenhill 5/14/2007 09:40:00 AM  

1 Comment:

  1. Jenna said...
    I like Travis. I used to listen to them a lot when The Man Who came out. I'll have to check this out. :)

Post a Comment