Site Network: Home | About



Slacker Update

I have been listening to Slacker the last 2 days and have enjoyed the music selection. It was like I remembered with Musicmatch before they made people pay money for the service. I can listen to the pre-defined stations or create my own. I like to type in an artist and then let the software shuffle songs for me. When you select an artist you get their music every 4-5 songs played. I do have a few gripes though, I was listening to Supergrass and had Green Day and Blink 182 mixed in. I do not consider these bands part of the Supergrass genre and had to blow my skips on them. Its not perfect but its also free. Another cool feature is the ability to pause the song if you need to get up from your desk. I love listening to Woxy Vintage but you don't have control over the songs and can get stuck sitting there because you don't want to leave.

I recommend everyone to check out Slacker's beta right now, its a nice change of pace and a good way to mix up your daily music. As for the player, still on the fence there, I don't see it succeeding the way I picture it in my head.

Posted by mardenhill 5/11/2007 12:12:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment