Site Network: Home | About



Last.FM

I would like to thank a fellow blogger for this find. I was reading her page and saw the recent tracks and clicked on it. I was taken to the Last.FM site where I found out more. The concept is pretty cool, you download the player and launch it when listening to music. It will "Scrobble"(not my word) your list and add it to a database. In English, it captures the songs you are playing and creates a play list on your profile page. You can then go back to your page and see what you have been listening to. Its also a social networking site where you build friends and you can check out what they are listening to. I added my play list to my blog so you can keep track as well. The idea is to show people your musical tastes and also give bands an idea of how many people are tuning into their music. There are also stations built upon your list that you can stream but I haven't got that far. You turn it on when you want and you don't have to run it all the time. Unfortunately it doesn't capture Internet radio or at least Woxy and Woxy Vintage which are things I listen to most of the time. Yeah its gimmicky but its fun and gives you a peek into what good/bad stuff I am into that day.

http://www.last.fm/

Posted by mardenhill 4/07/2007 11:43:00 AM  

1 Comment:

  1. Jenna said...
    Yay! I really like Last.fm. The problem is that recently my work morality filter won't let me see the page. For some reason it's decided to classify it as "dating/personals." But I'll add you to my friends list as soon as I get near a non-work computer. :)

Post a Comment