Site Network: Home | About



Spamlot

Last nite Erika and I went and saw Spamalot at the Fisher Theatre in Detroit. For those of you who are not familiar with it, Spamalot is a musical based on the movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". Most of the major scenes were adapted for the stage and a few new ones were added. Overall the musical was very good, it was full of British humor which may be lost on some. If you have never seen the movie its like listening to an inside joke since the scenes are quirky and off the wall. There were a number of older people at the show and I wondered how many of them really understood or were just there because they have season tickets to the theatre. Its touring the country so if it ends up in your town, check it out, I don't think you will be disappointed.

This makes 2 musicals in one year for me, Avenue Q and now Spamalot. I am officially tapped out for a while, I can't be too cultured you know. I am already a pretentious wine and music snob, adding broadway to the mix would be too much (expecially since I really don't like musicals).

Posted by mardenhill 12/14/2006 08:55:00 AM  

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Adding Broadway to the mix might also open you up to a whole new set of jokes made at your expense. I can hear my brother now...

Post a Comment