Site Network: Home | About



Grant Lee News

"About as soon as I stepped off the road from last summer’s Nineteeneightees tour, I began putting the final touches on a collection of recordings I’ve been working on over the last few years. With the help of drummer, Bill Rieflin, who currently records and tours with REM, the songs were given a healthy dose of fire. The resultant album is entitled STRANGELET and due out on Feb 27th . There’s a broad range of material on the album, including a return to the electric guitar, evident on songs such as Runaway, Soft Asylum, Chain Lightning and So Much. I chose, (well it just kind of turned out that way) to record and play about everything within my reach: guitars, piano, bass, organ, baritone ukulele, etc. "


http://www.grantleephillips.com/news.html
....................................
One of my favorite musicians Grant Lee will have a new cd out next year and I can't wait. From his newsletter it sounds like it will be a bit more rockin than some of his previous releases. I was tooling around iTunes Music Store this morning and came across the "Ashes To Ashes" single and couldn't figure out where it came from. At that time I checked his website and got the goods on the new cd. The iTunes single is a cover of David Bowie but with an orchestra behind him. I will definitely download this song since Grant Lee is the best when it comes to covers. If you are interested in the song you may have to search under Grant-Lee and not Grant Lee. For some reason they have the hyphen in the name for the single and Grant has signed his newsletter the same way. I guess that means a bit of a name change for the lad. Grant's latest cd, NinteenEighties is within my top 3 for cds released in 2006. I am currently compiling my top 15, I can't do 10 since I always end up leaving things out. 20 is too many so 15 it is. I will have this list out before the end of the year, hopefully before the end of the week.

Posted by mardenhill 12/13/2006 08:55:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment