Site Network: Home | About



Hey Man, Pass Me A Grilled Cheese


Ex-Phish Frontman Anastasio Accused of DUI

Former Phish frontman Trey Anastasio was arrested in December 2006 by upstate New York cops for driving while intoxicated and illegal possession of a variety of medications (Xanax, Percocet, and Hydrocodone) prescribed in someone else's name. Anastasio, 42, whose real first name is Ernest, was nabbed by Whitehall police just miles from the Vermont border following a traffic stop. He was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, DWI-drugs, and driving without a license.
................................................

At one time in my life I was a Phish fan. (It was those couple of years in college when the jam scene was going strong and people were looking for something after Jerry's death). I have seen them live and it was a good show but I cannot listen to their music anymore, its boring and does nothing for me. There are a few good bands still in that genre that I can tolerate but for the most part, its all crap. Maybe I have ADD and can't concentrate on songs longer than 5 minutes which would explain a lot.

Anyways, Trey got busted but it doesn't suprise me. This year has been ripe for actors and musicians getting caught while driving under the influence. Maybe its the internet and sites like The Smoking Gun that bring these things to light or more celebrities are just stupid.

If you are looking for about 20 minutes of early 90s fun, pull out Rusted Root's "When I Woke" and listen to the first 4 tracks. It will take you back to a time when things were easy and you had little responsibility. The world wasn't on the brink of chaos and Dubya wasn't president. The 90s were a great time to live, musically it had it ups and downs but for the most part it was a great decade.

Posted by mardenhill 12/16/2006 10:30:00 AM  

1 Comment:

  1. Jenna said...
    I'm really not a Phish fan. And I hate that they're from my state. They've got a couple decent tunes but overall are not so good. Besides which, the scene that follows them around is not like that of the Dead or many other jam bands. It's a bunch of rich kids who want to show mommy & daddy that they're rebelling and drive their bmws to the shows. There's not as much kindness and brotherhood as you'd expect from most hippie bands.

    I do love that his name is Ernest though, that's pretty hilarious.

Post a Comment