Site Network: Home | About



Whigs Reunite!!!!!


The Whigs are back, well ok they are working on a greatest hits with a few new songs. The retrospective currently titled "Unbreakable" will be released on Rhino Records next spring with at least 2 new songs.

The Afghan Whigs were probably one of the best live bands around and if you ever got a chance to see them you can agree. I saw them about 5x throughout their career and the Twilight Singers once. I remember my friend Jen wanting to kill me at one of the shows since all she could hear was me singing at the top of my lungs and drowning out Greg. When it comes to singing, J Mascis has a better voice than me but I just couldn't help it.

Courtesy of Pitchfork,

It was announced today that Greg Dulli will reunite with the beloved (and, OK, pretty strongly hated, too) 80s/90s alt-rock band that made his decadent, quasi-misogynistic leerings famous. Dulli, bassist John Curley, guitarist Rick McCollum, and drummer Michael Horrigan plan to gather in the band's former homebase of Cincinnati, Ohio in two weeks to work on their first new songs since their final album, 1998's 1965. (Check the vintage promo photo up there!) Although it's not the "classic" Gentlemen-era lineup, hey, we'll take what we can get.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/Afghan_Whigs_Reunite#38442

Posted by mardenhill 9/10/2006 11:36:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment