Site Network: Home | About



Princess Cruise Day 5

Today was a sailing day lots of relaxation before we head into Bergen tomorrow.  I finished my book "Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs" (refer to a previous posting). Anyways the book was very good, I thought I might get bored with the pretentious, jaded, cynical and satirical voice of Chuck Klosterman but I did not.  He suprised me at times, he did a good job at poking fun at everyone.  There were times that I thought he was tearing me apart but it made me laugh.  His views on soccer, reality tv, saved by the bell, alt country, heavy metal, death and born again christians just to name a few were amazing.  Some I didn't agree with and others he was dead on and left me wishing I had his ability to write.  The book is more or less a bunch of thoughts scribbled down and bound together.  It reads like a blog since you feel like you are in his head the whole time.  I will check out his other work once I get back.  Now is he as good as Douglas Coupland or Brett Easton Ellis, I don't think so but he has time to get there.....
 
They like to show movies during the day in the theatre and today was X Men - The Final Stand.  Back in 03 on our Alaskan cruise, they showed X Men 2 and it was only fitting to see the 3rd one to keep the tradition going.  I actually liked the movie, I am not a comic book geek but the X Men have always been one of my favorites.  The cartoon years ago was great and so have the movies.  This one was darker than I was expecting and the setup for another one keeps me guessing.
 
Other than that not much else to report, it was sunny for a bit of the day and we sat on the deck enjoying the view and breeze then it turned cloudy and started to rain. The waters have been a bit rough, there is some rocking of the boat but nothing to major.

This message and any attachments contain information, which may be confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information. Please be aware that such actions are prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, kindly notify us by e-mail to helpdesk@bbdo.com. We appreciate your cooperation.

Posted by mardenhill 8/24/2006 04:28:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment