Site Network: Home | About



Chateauneuf-du-Pape

I just opened this bombastic white and it knocked my socks off. Its from the Rhone region of France and is a blend of 5 grapes. I only recognise grenache blanc and rousanne the others are completely new to me. The flavor is full bodied, lots of alcohol 14% but has a sweetness to it. I am new to the Rhone region, I have had a few but not enough to really know whats going on. This is my new fall project to explore southern French wines.



Chateauneuf-du-Pape
CLOS DES PAPES 2001

Location Southern Rhone Valley, France Appellation AOC Chateauneuf-du-Pape Grape

Varietal 20% Grenache Blanc, 20% Rousanne, 20% Clairette, 20% Bourbolence, 20% Picpoul

General Description This wine exhibits an apricot/peach-scented nose, ripe fruit and plenty of power, body and alcohol. Mouth-filling. Its size suggests longevity but it is meant to be consumed quickly. Food Recommendations Poultry, Pork, Light game

Posted by mardenhill 7/25/2006 10:21:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment