Site Network: Home | About



Well Its About Time

Monday an anonymous politican came out swinging against the president and the republican party, by the end of the day speculation ended. Yesterday leutinent governer of Maryland Michael Steele admitted it was him. Some of the statements are below. Now as much as I agree with Steele's view of the party and this administration I wonder if he is trying to play the outsider card to win a victory on his senate race. He can say he is a conservative but has nothing to do with this crowd. He may win over some people but I am onto his strategy and I don't think it will work. To be an outsider you need to be completely removed from politics, sorry Steele you are not.

I do love the latest Bush/Republican bashing going on, it has now become cool to hate Bush. I just want to remind you I have been there since the beginning, no jumping on the bandwagon for me. I hope this trend continues and sweeps the dems into power because we need a change and one fast.
.........................................

"It's an impediment. It's a hurdle I have to overcome," Steele, who is running in a Democratic-leaning state, said of his GOP label, according to Tuesday's edition of The Washington Post. "I've got an 'R' here, a scarlet letter."

The newspaper quoted the unnamed candidate as saying the Iraq war "didn't work" and "we didn't prepare for the peace," that the response to Hurricane Katrina was "a monumental failure of government," and that "there's a palpable frustration right now in the country."

Of Republicans who control Congress, the candidate said: "We've lost our way, we've gone to the well and we drank the water, and we shouldn't have."

"You don't go to Congress to become the party that you've been fighting for 40 years," he said, lamenting "the spending, the finger-pointing, not getting the bills passed" and counseled: "Just shut up and get something done."

Asked if he wanted Bush to campaign for him, the candidate initially said, "well, you know, I don't know" and then, noting the president's low popularity in his state, said: "To be honest with you, probably not."

Posted by mardenhill 7/26/2006 12:25:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment