Site Network: Home | About



Chateau La Cariziere Muscadet Sur Lie 2005



I have been strugling for a couple days trying to decide how I wanted to discuss this wine. Its a Chateau La Cariziere Muscadet Sur Lie 2005 from the Muscadet Sevreet Maine region of the Loire Valley in France. Its flavor is not clean like a sauv blanc, not buttery like a chard, not dry and crisp like a pinot grigio. It has some oak but you mostly taste the minerals. It also finishes nicely with a rich and lingering flavor. Its the perfect food wine, it doesn't overpower and complements nicely. I am on the fence if I would buy it again, I think it would depend on what I was having it with.

Here in America we want all our wines bold and bursting with flavor. This wine is neither, its what the French do well and what we have a hard time appreciating. The appellation is small and this particular wine comes from a space of only 34 acres. If you are interested in it, you can find it at Simply Wine in Birmingham.

Posted by mardenhill 7/20/2006 10:15:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment