Site Network: Home | About



WOXY vs KEXP




Here are a couple of song lists from our favorite internet radio stations. Woxy Vintage is the 1st one, and as you can see the selection is amazing, the Pixies, the Whigs, the Sisters of Mercy, Guided By Voices the best stuff to come from the 80s-90s. The 2nd picture is a shot of regular Woxy which is good but it tends to be a bunch of new crap that I don't like. The final shot is a playlist from KEXP out in Seattle. They are like NPR but all music, they fundraise 3x a year and have a ton of other programming perks. KEXP plays some decent music, a mix between Woxy and Vintage and they also have live sessions that can be downloaded thru podcasts. The problem I have with KEXP is the crap they play between all the stuff I like. I end up turning it every couple songs because some pretentious indie rock band is being featured.

I am bummed about Woxy's demise since I feel they have a better selection of music. As I am typing this on the Vintage station they have the Wolfgang Press, would KEXP ever play them, probably not. Woxy Vintage does have its pitfalls, they tend to play Fine Young Canibals, Bob Marley and Big Country too much but they do make up for it with the Cure, Echo, Psychadelic Furs, Clash and other great bands.

I am not dissing KEXP here, they do have their place but its not as easy listening as Woxy. I will listen to them a bit but I will probably go back to my mp3s and create my own Woxy Vintage.

Posted by mardenhill 2/08/2006 01:19:00 PM  

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Hey, the kiddies tell me that Ace of Base is vintage now. Since WOXY is already playing FYC, I bet they will play Ace of Base, too. Yah, Randy, great pick!

Post a Comment