Site Network: Home | About



Antics Remixes

Last year our favorite New York band, not the Strokes the good one Interpol released a remix ep of Antics. It features 4 songs and is pretty good. eMusic had it so I downloaded this afternoon and I am happy with my purchase. The 1st song Narc (Paul Banks remix) features just a guitar, singing and a bit of ambient background noise. The 2nd song Not Even Jail (Daniel Kessler remix) is pretty music the song with a bit of top level mismash going on. Its not great, kinda weak but I really like the original song one of the best on the cd. Track 3 Length of Love features Bob Mould and is very DFA sounding. The song sounds like it belongs on the last LCD Soundsystem cd, but I do say that in a positive light since its the best song on the ep. The last track was a remix by Carlos and is Public Pervert. It starts out with a basic electronic drum beat and highlights the guitar and keyboard of the song. The vocals are sparse and chorus only for the most part. This is nice since it actually feels like a remix rather than an amateur dj throwing down a breakbeat record overtop the original song. Each member of the band gets a shot at a song and I give it up to track 3. Sorry Daniel, your song was the weakest, stick to your guitar and leave the electronics to the pros.

I am glad that the ep was released separate so you didn't have to buy the whole cd over again. This is another reason why I love digital files so much, I don't have to dig out the cd to play just 1 or 2 of the tracks. I can now put track 1 & 3 on my ipod with the rest of the Interpol songs and listen to it whenever I want.

Posted by mardenhill 1/29/2006 01:48:00 PM  

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Anonymous said...

Post a Comment