Site Network: Home | About



CocoRosie

I was browsing thru eMusic looking to spend the rest of my downloads when I came across the cd La Maison de Mon Reve by CocoRosie. The description sounded interesing so I went out to allmusic to find out who they were. Well CocoRosie are 2 sisters who blend folk and indie rock with a bit of electronica. Think Beth Orton at the very beginning and add a bit of pretentious indie rock to the sound. This cd came out in 04 and they released Noah's Ark last year, I will have to get that next month when my downloads reset.

Not every song is great, some of it is a bit sparse. Its not as atmospheric as I was hoping for but there are still some good songs. This cd reminds me a lot of Beth Gibbon's solo cd from last year, she was the singer of Portishead. There is a lot of genre jumping and a bit of torch singing going on here which can hurt a cd at times.

Another new cd I found was Electric Presidents, if you a fan of Air you should like this one. The 1st song Good Morning Hyprocrite sounds like it came from Talkie Walkie, lush vocals with soothing beats. The next song takes a stab at a melody and gives it a bit of a backbone. The vocals stay soft throughout the whole cd and the electronic soundscape sways from ambient to radio friendly. I can see this cd getting some good press, I think Pitchfork might give it a good review but you never know. Chances are if I like the cd Pitchfork trashes it and vice versa.

Posted by mardenhill 1/29/2006 02:18:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment