Site Network: Home | About



Our Fare City

I was doing some research before I went to vote and came across these stats. I did luck out when I went to my polling place this morning, about 7 candidates were standing around greeting people and I did get to meet a few of the candidates. 2 out of the 3 mayoral candidates were there, the 150 year old Marilyn wasn't out so she lost my consideration. It was between Fred Collins and Alan Kideckel and seeing that Fred was a tool who wore an american flag tie and was all "let me shake your hand" I voted for Alan. There were a number of city council reps there but you could only pick 3. There were 3 proposals on the ballot for road construction, I voted for them since I have to drive on 11 mile and it sucks. I just have to remember that taxes for Royal Oak are at least $1000 more a year and that Berkley is a better city. We get to sweep our leaves into the street, have curbside recycling pickup and lots of other ammenities that other cities don't have. My Royal Oak friends have to bag everything, not us.

Berkley, MI

Suburb

Berkley is a city in Oakland County, in the Detroit metro area. The community is in the Eastern Standard time zone.

The latitude of Berkley is 42.503N. The longitude is -83.183W.

The estimated population, in 2003, was 15,239.

Income snapshot
Median household income

Local
$57,620

National
$41,994

Source: 2000 census, U.S. Census Bureau
The community was named after a local farm

Crime: The number of violent crimes recorded by the FBI in 2003 was 12. The number of murders and homicides was 0. The violent crime rate was 0.8 per 1,000 people.

Support for libraries: Local government funding for the local library system, in fiscal years 2001-2002, was above the national average. (See library links below.)

Posted by mardenhill 11/08/2005 09:35:00 AM  

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    best regards, nice info » »
    Anonymous said...
    Enjoyed a lot! » »
    Anonymous said...

Post a Comment