Site Network: Home | About



Paul Hackett for Congress

I posted the other day about Paul Hackett an Iraq war vet who just returned and is running for a US house seat in Ohio. The seat was vacated by an appointment made by Bush and the repubs have Jean Schmidt as their candidate. I just watched a video from hardball with her and I cannot believe she is for real. All she did was praise Bush, said he could do no wrong and reiterated all the republican talking points word for word.

Last week Hackett made the following comment and of course Jean the rest of the rabid dogs were all over it. If goes like this:

What prompted the committee's entry into the Schmidt-Hackett race was a comment made by Hackett in a USA Today article published Thursday. Hackett, talking about his service as a marine in Iraq, is quoted as saying, "I've said I don't like the son-of-a-b--- that lives in the White House. But I'd put my life on the line for him." Because Hackett said that, Forti said, "we decided to bury him."

Forti is part of the Delay clan who dumped $500,000 in a commercial trashing Hackett. Now what makes this race so interesting is that it is in a southern Ohio district that is staunchly republican and as red as can be. Hackett out of nowhere has come in and made it a competitive race. The repubs don't want egg on their face, a dem winning a Bush stronghold would be devasting so they are not pulling punches on this one and going after Hackett. I just donated $20 to Hackett's campaign, its not a lot but I'm not from Ohio and the idea that he could win made me donate. The vote is next week on Tuesday, I highly recommend donating a few dollars, help him defeat the repubs in their own backyard and piss off the republican party. If you need more on this race check out http://www.crooksandliars.com/ and watch the interview from hardball. I guarentee afterwards you will realize how important this race is and how this would be sweet revenge on the right.

Posted by mardenhill 7/30/2005 08:33:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment