Site Network: Home | About



4th of July Weekend

Erika and I have had a busy week, sorry for not posting. On Thursday we had a rehersal dinner downriver and then the wedding on Friday. That nite Alison, Erika and I headed out for Delaware to visit Erika's aunt and uncle. The drive was long, 12 hrs and we hit a ton of traffic crossing the Chesapeake Bay bridge and all the way into Delaware. The house is great, its on the Delaware Bay within a strip of 30 other houses overlooking the water. The beach is a bit rocky and not really for swimming but the view was fantastic. It was great to wake up to the sound of the water and the sunrise.

We went swimming down on one of the public beaches and did some body boarding and surfing. I did get one good run on the body board but lost my sunglasses in the process of bringing the board back out to the others. Yes this is my 2nd pair I have lost in the water which really sucks, I was forced to shell out some dollars for a new pair. I had made my run and was walking back into the water to drop off the board will the intention of retiring to the beach when I was accosted by a wave that ripped my glasses off.

We had Maryland crab which was fun but a pain to eat. You had to break off the legs, open the shell and all that, very messy. We had lots of great wine, her aunt is a big fan so we sat back and drank most of it.

Alison bought a surfboard which was the worse part of the trip, we had to strap it on the top of the vibe and the whole way home it vibrated. We had to tailgate semi's to prevent the board from making noise. We did stop at Ikea in Baltimore to pick up our entertainment center for the livingroom, now we just need to wait for our floors to be refinished at the end of the month.

Posted by mardenhill 7/07/2005 05:38:00 PM  

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
    » » »
    Anonymous said...
    Anonymous said...
    best regards, nice info Clear cell ovarian cancer

Post a Comment