Site Network: Home | About



Michigan Wine Shipping Update

Well the other day the MI House of Reps ruled 5-1 in committee to bring forward a bill that would ban all direct shipments of wine in the state. This would affect in state vineyards and give the Wholesalers complete control over distribution of wine. What does this translate into, no direct shipments to anyone, you have to buy all your wine at a store. How does this benefit the Wholesalers, well this means they get a better deal for buying the wine from the vineyards hence making more money and keeping their monoploy alive and well in the state of MI. All this will occur under the lie that we need to prevent direct shipping to save our minors from purchasing wine over the internet.

I highly recommend finding your rep and contacting them on this issue.
http://house.michigan.gov/index.asp

I have called my rep Andy Meisner and spoke to his assistant regarding my opposition to this bill, I hope he calls me back. I plan on following up with an email to him probably today.

Posted by mardenhill 6/30/2005 09:27:00 AM  

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »
    Anonymous said...

Post a Comment