Site Network: Home | About



Day Fresh Beer

I just heard a commercial for Day Fresh Beer from Bud and Bud Light and it got me thinking, is this just another scam or is it for real? They claim that the beer is no more than a day old, now what happens to the beer in the back of the cooler, does that go on clearance or just thrown out? How much Bud is consumed in the US to warrant day old fresh beer? Has our country become so homoginized that within the next year we will only be shopping at Walmart and drinking only Bud? This is the future we have to look forward to, enjoy your last days of freedom.

Last nite we watched Shrek 2 which was suprisingly good and I would recommend it. Jennifer Saunders from Ab Fab fame was the voice of the fairy god mother and both Tom Waits and Nick Cave had songs in the movie. The Nick Cave really startled me, this coming from the guy who turned down the MTV nomination back in the 90s because he didn't think his music should be judged for award shows. I guess Nick knows when there is a quick buck to be made and will just sit back and collect those royality checks.

I am working on my best of list for 2004 and will try to have it posted by the end of the weekend. I was just listening to Woxy and they had played the new Mercury Rev and Kings of Leon on their Air Checks show and stated how both cds are not out and don't have domestic releases for another few months. Well for those of u who are interested, they are floating out in cyberspace as we speak no need to wait for those "Official" realease dates. Now I am trying to get my hands on the new Doves which has proven to be a bit more difficult but I will do my best so keep your fingers crossed.

I talked to my mom today and she filled me in on how great the Clay Aiken show last nite was. If I had to listen to her review I think u should also be tortured. She said Clay walked around thru the crowd and sang like an angel. There was a HS choir that only had 2 hrs of practice since the booked choir was snowed in but they sounded very good. She loved her seats which was nice seeing that it was either those are the last row in the balcony left when we got the tix.

I do not like xmas music and I hate it even more when ostentatious indie rockers try to write some slacker anti xmas song as with The Long Winter's "Christmas with you is the Best". This song just oozes pretention with the hipster persona it paints for you. I am not sure if I have their cd but if I do I am deleting it just for the sole reason that their xmas song SUCKS!!!! All the radio stations are playing it and it is driving me nuts. John Roderick is the man behind the band and has help from Built to Spill and Death Cab on his record. I guess the whole Death Cab connection explains a lot "sorry Kathy" but this is just another crap indie rock band that will poison our youth. Btw, the song can be found on the latest OC soundtrack, now isn't that ironic.

Posted by mardenhill 12/24/2004 03:45:00 PM  

2 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Backpacks for kids in school plastic surgery Valiant chrysler
    Anonymous said...
    best regards, nice info » »

Post a Comment