Site Network: Home | About



Oatmeal For Breakfast

Well I am sitting here just finishing up some oatmeal and listening to the new Joe Henry cd that I downloaded with the last of my free tracks from emusic. I had to click the activate button so now I will start using the 40 downloads I have paid for. BTW, the Joe Henry is very good, full of dark piano ballads with some jazz and folk mixed in. He has been lumped into the whole Adult Alternative scene which I guess is a fair thing but he is no Goo Goo Dolls. If you are not familiar with Joe, check out Fuse, thats probably his best record it has him on the cover with a monkey on his shoulder.

I just got a copy 0f the new Tears for Fears, havn't listened to it yet but will let you know if its worth it or not. They are coming to the State next month and its one of those shows that I am on the fence with. I feel like 2004 has been the screw all the crap music out there and lets bring back all the good stuff. I have a feeling that I may have already wrote this but maybe it was just me talking to someone so if its repeat I'm sorry. Its me turning 30 soon, I am losing my memory.

In political news, Edwards will be at the Royal Oak Music Theatre tonight for a DNC fundraising $250 can get you a ticket to watch the debate with him. Thats a little too much for me, what does he think we are, republicans who are made of money? Salon.com is reporting that the reason that Bush was all slumped over in the 1st debate was that he had a wireless transmitter on his back and someone was feeding him answers thru an earpiece.


Posted by mardenhill 10/08/2004 09:24:00 AM  

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...

Post a Comment