Site Network: Home | About



Blues Explosion - Damage

Well I just got the new Jon Spencer so if you need a copy let me know. Its amazing as usual but this one is all over the board. There keyboards, some boogie woogie and actual singing which is something I didn't Jon actually did. Don't listen to the Pitchfork review, they only gave it a 6.8 which is crap if you ask me. They also did review the new Nick Cave and gave it a better rating than that but still not as high as it should. I won't even talk about the R.E.M. review given, just goes to show that pretentious indie rockers are afraid of a popular band unless they are named Radiohead.

Getting back to Jon Spencer, he has Chuck D on one song "Hot Gossip" and I will agree with Pitchfork that its not a good song, probably the weakest on the cd. I am not a big fan of the lets have guest rap vocals to thow a curve ball to our fans, its destined to fail. The 1st song "Burn It Off" can easily be a on the radio and I guarentee 89x will be playing it come Nov 5th, the day before the show. "Crunchy" is the song that Jon sings on, I think this is his only song that is actually a full fledge song. This isn't a knock on Jon, but if you listen to Acme all songs seem like they are missing something but that is what makes the Blues Explosion the Blues Explosion. "Mars, Arizona" is classic Blues Explosion, lots of swagger, and fussed out guitar.

I did just get a copy of the new Rilo Kiley, my co-worker Andrey doesn't know what to think of it, well he doesn't know what to think of half the stuff I listen to. It just downloaded and I havn't really listened so I will let u know if its worth it or not.

If you havn't signed up for eMusic, you should. I just got the new Waxwings and talk about an awesome record. I have a feeling that they will be my Catherine Wheel, a band that I miss everytime they play and when I finally go see them, they break up that next year.


Posted by mardenhill 10/07/2004 09:15:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment