Site Network: Home | About



MacBook and MacBook Pro

Apple just updated their laptop line and for anyone who was holding out (i.e. me) it was well worth the wait. The case is all aluminum, the trackpad is now glass and much larger and there are new NVidia video cards for graphics. There are not that many differences between the MacBook and MacBook Pro which is good and bad. On the surface you have a choice between a 13.3 inch screen and a 15 inch. Besides being larger, the Pro sports a higher video card, faster processor and a firewire 800 port. The Macbooks are $1300 and $1600 with the Pro coming in at $2000 and $2500 so much for that price drop they promised. The updated trackpad is now on the Macbook series and the only reason I really see to buy the Pro would be for the 15 inch screen. I was set to buy the Pro when it came out but if the regular series will offer me everything I want for $400 cheaper, I may have to rethink my strategy. I will check them out at the store and if I can get by on the 13 inch screen then I will probably go that route.

Posted by mardenhill 10/14/2008 06:53:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment