Site Network: Home | About



Garden 2008

Yesterday we planted our garden and for now we done. We have a wide range of hot peppers, bell peppers, tomato's (8 varieties), green beans (2 kinds), edamame and herbs. We have basil, cilantro, parsley, rosemary, tarragon, oregano, thyme, sage and our newest curry. Some of the herbs are perennials and are back in a full force (the sage has been pruned 3x this year so far) while others were just added yesterday. We will probably add some carrots and a few other root vegetables to the other side of the yard and that will probably be next weekend.

Hot Peppers:
banana
jalapeno
ancho
cayanne
serreno
super chili
habanero
caribbean red habanero

I usually give away most of the hot peppers, there are just too many to eat and some are beyond my ability but I have fun growing them. I decided that I will dry some this year and make my own pepper flakes in different heat levels.

I still have a bit of grass to remove at the end of the walkway but we need to remove the lightpost before we can put anything there so I am not in a big rush. Its hard to tell from this photo but I have a border on the right side of the walkway that has annuals planted. Once things start to grow I will post more photos. If my plans work out the way I am hoping, both sides of the walkway should have blooming annuals as you walk up to the house.

Posted by mardenhill 5/26/2008 02:29:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment