Site Network: Home | About



4.8.08

Mark your calendars because Starbucks has an announcement to make at 12pm on April 8th, 2008. Run to the closest coffeehouse to be part of "Something Big" (according to the Ad).

While reading the comments within the Huffington Post regarding the story I came across this:

"fresh coffee. no older then 2 weeks from the farms. starbucks will be brewing new coffee every 30 minutes as opposed to every hour. it'll be freshly scooped coffee, not packaged grinded coffee bags like it was before. i think also a new pastry. "

It seems Starbucks has realized that the McDonaldization of their product has diluted the brand and its time to return to the basics. If this is true it will be a good thing because Starbucks has fallen flat as of late. I will admit, I am not a daily Starbucks customer, I may go a couple times a month but will buy their beans to grind at home. I rotate their coffee between other roasters to keep my taste buds alive and not bored of the same thing. I don't think of Starbucks as an evil empire, I believe they are genuinely a good natured company. From what I have read, the whole lawsuit regarding tips was overblown and full of misinformation. The company still has its faults and I would like to see their prices lowered but I don't expect that to happen anytime soon.

Anyways, I plan on checking out their announcement next week in hopes that there will be free coffee for those that attend.
....................................
UPDATE:

Starbucks to launch new coffee blend Tuesday

SEATTLE -- Starbucks Corp. is hosting a nationwide coffee-tasting to celebrate the launch of its new "everyday" brew, a key ingredient in its drive to boost slumping sales.
Customers who line up at most of the coffee retailer's U.S. stores Tuesday will get a free 8 oz. cup of Pike Place Roast from 9 to 9:30 a.m. Pacific Time (12 to 12:30 p.m. EDT).

Chairman and Chief Executive Howard Schultz says Pike Place Roast has a bold flavor, smooth finish and "subtle, rich flavors of cocoa and toasted nuts."

It will be freshly roasted, hand-scooped, freshly ground and brewed in small batches that sit for no longer than 30 minutes.

Starbucks will sell it -- both regular and decaf -- alongside rotating coffees of the week.

Posted by mardenhill 4/06/2008 10:42:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment