Site Network: Home | About



Easton Zinfandel 2006

I picked up this bottle the other day at Holiday Market with no idea what to expect. I checked out their website to gain an understanding of the vineyard and was impressed. The vineyard specializes in Zins but bottles a merlot, cab and sauvignon blanc as well. The logo is basic, with just an outline of a tree and the name. The wine itself is big and juicy with classic zin flavors bursting at the seams. I will admit upon opening, the wine was rather sweet and had that cherry candy flavor which is synonymous with many cheap zins. I was disappointed but decided to give it a day and revisit. 24 hours later the wine is much better and the bold, zesty and peppery characteristics I was expecting have appeared. The wine is still young and if stored I believe might mature in a few years. The plump berry flavor entices you in while the finish gives you that oak and pepper that lingers on your tongue.

Its not my favorite zin by any means but it was quite nice and I would be interested in trying some of their higher end bottles.

http://www.terrerougewines.com/eastonwines.html#

Posted by mardenhill 3/08/2008 10:06:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment