Site Network: Home | About



Text MessageGate

The Kwame Text Message scandal continues to unravel and more and more tidbits trickle out each day. The latest has unsealed documents that show a secret handshake between all parties involved. The policemen who were illegally fired signed a confidentiality agreement that would cut the settlement pay if they spoke the truth. And if that wasn't enough, the text message transcripts were put in a safety deposit box to be handed over to Kwame after the settlement had been reached. Kwame also helped Beatty obtain a mortgage even though her credit was poor and would have never been given one otherwise.

So Kwame set up a secret deal to keep everything hush hush so he could save face and deny the affair in court. Now its all out in the open with the proof of the coverup available for everyone to see.

Now Kwame has decided to play the victim here, he has attacked the Free Press and Detroit News stating that they illegally obtained the text messages. It has now turned to a witchhunt against him and who cares that the texts exist but that they were illegally obtained. Sorry Kwame, your argument doesn't hold water and you are the one that committed the crime.

“How did they obtain these records? Where did they get them?” Kilpatrick said during a radio interview on WMXD-FM (92.3, the Mix). “The Free Press obviously had some meetings that they ought to answer to."

“I think the Free Press has committed a crime. I believe they committed a crime,” Kilpatrick said.

This quote is one of my favorites and the way the story is going, I expect there to be more of them.

"I believe I am on an assignment from God," he said. "This city has a balanced budget. We're building buildings God has continue to smile on us. I don't believe this has ever been a job I love this city. I love this job. I love this town."

Posted by mardenhill 2/08/2008 03:30:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment