Site Network: Home | About



My New Car

Welcome to my new car, well the car I want but will most likely not get. Its the all new 2009 VW Tiguan that will arrive stateside this May. Its a compact SUV that will compete with the Honda CRV, Jeep Patriot and other other 4 cylinder crossovers. You have the hatchback, folding seats, panoramic sunroof and cool sound system which might not be as good as the Microsoft Sync but close none the less.

Where the car and me differ is on the price. The base starts at $23,000 and by the time you add everything you want it will probably be up to $28K and that is more than I am willing to spend. I don't know about gas mileage either and I doubt that it will be better than what I currently have. I really don't plan on buying anything until the end of the year and was hoping for a US hybrid but I doubt anything good will come out.

I will just talk about this car for the new few months until something practical comes along and I will jump ship.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=121482

Posted by mardenhill 1/23/2008 06:04:00 PM  

2 Comments:

  1. Mr. G. said...
    Randy,
    Go with the Subaru Forester. We love ours. It goes through any kind of weather. It's reliable and affordable with a entry price of 21 grand. They hold their value well too. VW's are notoriously unreliable. Only qualm with it is the stereo but that can be changed easy. Good luck on your search...
    - and oh yeah, they make a turbo version!
    kathyj said...
    My VW ('97 jetta) was a POS - it was an automatic that didn't like to change gears... I know a lot of people who have had bad experiences with VW's.

    Anywhoo... Mikey would be more than happy to get you a PIN for a new Ford or Mazda! I love my Escape.

Post a Comment