Site Network: Home | About



Home Theatre System Update

After spending Friday afternoon arguing with my co-worker Andrey, I have decided that the home theatre in a box is not the solution and that I need to purchase components once again. My current setup has a receiver, 5 disc dvd player and in the past a tape deck and turntable. Unfortunately these new all in one's don't really give you all the inputs you need and it looks like I may be buying a receiver and separate speakers once again. Andrey recommened the Onkyo TX-SR605 and a set of Polk Audio surround sound speakers. I am not sure if I will be purchasing these exact products but they do give me an idea on what I should get. I will keep you posted since I am not an inpulse buyer and will spend the next 2 months researching products.

http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-TX-SR605-Channel-Theater-Receiver/dp/B000OBLARC/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1200147147&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-Channel-Theater-Speaker/dp/B0002WTK4S/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1200147256&sr=1-7

Posted by mardenhill 1/12/2008 09:09:00 AM  

1 Comment:

  1. Steve said...
    Andrey is right. You need to purchase separate components if your going to do it right. Unless your one of those that just wants a simple life of only CD/DVD's. My core label is Sony for my gear, but I do buy each item separately so I have control of what is in the setup.

    And yes, you can whine about Sony all you want. They do make a fabulous product and they last for YEARS.

    Steve aka HD

Post a Comment