Site Network: Home | About



Coffee This Month

http://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/

This month's selection from Citizen Bean was a pound of Intelligentsia from Chicago. Citizen Bean packages it in their own bags but puts a banner around explaining what coffee it is. The banner stated that the coffee was Intelligentsia's Black Cat but I find that hard to believe. After looking it up on their website it seems like this blend is a dark roast used to make espresso but this coffee wasn't dark at all. The flavor was very smooth and enjoyable which had me thinking that it might be one of their other blends. Maybe I am wrong and it is indeed the Black Cat but from the description I beg to differ. I guess we will have to take a trip to Chicago and to the coffee shop and roasters for an official comparison. I am very happy with this selection and would definitely drink again. This is one to keep on my list when traveling. You can read more about them at the website above.

Posted by mardenhill 1/12/2008 07:08:00 PM  

1 Comment:

  1. bean said...
    hi randy - slight qualification for the record. I know citizen bean does not re-package coffee from their featured roasters. Coffees are roasted, packaged and sealed (same day) once by the roaster so that customers receive the freshest roast possible- within days of the roasting date. hope you continue to enjoy.

Post a Comment