Site Network: Home | About



The Future

I will take this face of the Democratic party over Bill and Hillary anyday. I know endorsements don't mean much but I have a feeling Oprah's did more than we thought and the same will go for the Kennedy family. Ted is a bleeding heart liberal and according to some can work against Obama with courting moderates, independents and those republicans who are disenchanted with their current party. I don't see it that way, when it comes to families and dynasties, the Kennedys will always be held in high regard and when compared to Bush and Clinton most people would choose them. This is one endorsement that really pissed off Hillary and it was due to Bill and his non stop race baiting. I guess it sucks to be the Clintons but such is life and they better get used to it since they are the past not the future.

I might be getting ahead of myself and the powers that be could step in to squash Obama's rise but if it were to happen I believe you would see a mass exodus of dems from the party. This is where its very important for Obama to win big on Super Tuesday setting up a victory or showdown at the convention. If its the new breed of Dems vs the old guard/establishment I have a feeling the call for change could overpower.

I have been pro Obama as of late since my candidate of choice, Joe Biden dropped out. I am not anti woman, nor anti Hillary, I just do not want her as the nominee. I would rather see Nancy Pelosi as our first female president but I don't see that happening. Either way its going to be historic and after the last 8 years, I am ready for something different and real change, not just lip service.

Posted by mardenhill 1/28/2008 08:42:00 PM  

1 Comment:

  1. Mr. G. said...
    There's a really great editorial on the Obama movement and the endorsement of Kennedy here:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/29/opinion/29brooks.html?em&ex=1201755600&en=c1d97d5641325d67&ei=5087%0A

Post a Comment