Site Network: Home | About



Monsanto Chianti Classico 2003

I am used to Chianti's being very cheap, thin and watery and never had the desire to buy a good one. I changed my mind and picked up the Monsanto from Costco. Fortunately it was only $15.99 and when I did a bit of research I discovered that outside of warehouse stores its well over $20 a bottle.


This Chianti is 90% Sangiovese, 10% Canaiolo and aged 24 months in oak. The color is a deep red and is hard to see thru. The flavor is rich and plump with a lot of fruit and a lingering spicy backbone. Even after 2 days this wine stood up and continued to offer flavor.

I am hoping that Costo has a few more bottles left because I will definitely pick up a couple to sit on for years to come.

Posted by mardenhill 11/18/2007 09:45:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment