Site Network: Home | About



Circuit City Are A Bunch Of Assholes

I don't do much shopping at Circuit City and after my experience today I will do much less, basically none. I had today off and decided to do some research on TVs for our upcoming purchase. I did my research online beforehand, I had my specs down, I want 42 inch, 1080P, LCD, multiple HDMI ports and a price around $1200 if possible. I saw a few TVs that interested me on Circuit City's website with one being a Phillips for $1499. It features the Ambilight technology and I wanted to find out if this was something that would work if you didn't have the TV mounted to the wall. The website states not available for store pickup which is fine since I wasn't 100% on this TV anyways.

I arrived at the store around 2pm with maybe 15 cars in the parking lot. I make my way to the TV section and the guy who pretty much ignored me when I came in finally came over to ask if I needed any help. I rattle off my specs and what would fit in this range and he showed me a JVC which was nice. I then asked about the Phillps and he said they didn't sell the TVs anymore hadn't in over 6 months. I then said I saw them online and he tried to fight with me that Circuit City doesn't sell them. What kind of moron doesn't know what is available on the website? If you work at a store you should be familiar with what is available online. Its not like they only sell one Phillips, they have 10 on their site. He gave me a non answer regarding the Ambilight so now I have to make a trip to Best Buy to see if they have one and have a person who can answer my questions. Its not like the store was packed, there were 2 people in the TV dept and there were 2 workers. So the guy was of little use, had a bad attitude and didn't even know what his company sells. I expect this from Best Buy and figured that Circuit City would have some knowledgeable folks in their TV dept. I guess I was wrong and will end up going to Costco for my purchase. At least I know I won't get any help and prefer that over some idiot kid who is clueless and needs a crash course in customer service.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Televisions/sem/rpsm/c/1/catOid/-12867/N/20012866+20012867+40000406/link/ref/rpem/ccd/categorylist.do

Posted by mardenhill 11/16/2007 04:49:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment