Site Network: Home | About



2005 Jiménez Landi Méntrida

Erika bought me this bottle for my birthday but I couldn't find an actual website for the vineyard. All I could find were a couple reviews. The wine is a Spanish blend with Merlot, Tempranillo and Syrah. Its dark in color with a fruity yet rustic flavor. The tannins are pretty strong and linger on your tongue. Although the Syrah is a minimun here, you can taste what it brings to the table. It rounds out the wine giving it a rich consistency and keeps the wine from being too dry. I have only had this open for about a half hr and I am interested to see how opens up.

Below is the review I pulled from the internet.
..........................................
The Wine Advocate The 2005 Jiminez Landi is a blend of 50% Merlot, 35% Tempranillo, amd 15% Syrah aged for 7 months in a mixture of French and American oak. Purple colored, it exhibits an attractive perfume of cedar, lavender, black currant and blackberry. This is followed by a plush wine with excellent depth and concentration, ripe, sweet fruit and enough structure to ensure several years of positive evolution. It should drink well through 2020.

Score: 90. —Jay Miller, February 28, 2007.

Posted by mardenhill 10/19/2007 10:08:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment