Site Network: Home | About



Vine & Dine

http://www.vinendine.com/index.htm

This evening I more or less crashed a charity event and had a great time doing so. I got a call from my friend Ed who is from Simply Wine the local wine shop I freelance at from time to time. He needed some help pouring wine for an event at the Cranbrook Science Center which is part of the Cranbrook Institute, an amazing center located in Bloomfield Hills. He didn't give me much info on the event just said show up at 5:30pm. I went over after work pretty much underdressed and just walked in. I have learned that if you just walk in the back door and look like you belong no one questions you. We spent the next few hours pouring wine, talking about the bottles and the store. For the most part people were very receptive but there were a few pretentious wankers who just turned their noses up to our selection. Overall it seemed to be a very successful nite but unfortunately I had no clue what it was about until I googled the website. Oh well, I guess that's what happens when you get a call 3 hrs beforehand to show up at an event.

Posted by mardenhill 9/26/2007 10:40:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment