Site Network: Home | About



Live R.E.M.

October 16th is the date, so mark your calendars.

I'm a sucker for live DVDs and I have a pretty nice collection of live performances. When it comes to movies I can barely watch them more than once but live shows I can see over and over. The footage is from the 2005 tour and recorded in Dublin, Ireland. The show itself was amazing, the Detroit show that is and this would be one I would love to see again. The last 3 R.E.M. studio releases have been on the mellow side, very slow at times but that's fine. When played live, these songs take on a new life. R.E.M. have a new studio release planned for next year which I can't wait for and this is just icing on the cake.

If you are looking for some good live DVDs to pick up, I recommend both Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, all the U2 tours since Achtung Baby, The Cure, Travis and Pearl Jam.

Posted by mardenhill 9/29/2007 10:02:00 AM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment