Site Network: Home | About



Maybe An iPhone?


Since I am the Apple fanboy at work, everyone wants me to get an iPhone. Partly because they all want to play with it and secretly they probably have a pool as to how soon I would cave. With that in mind, today we discussed the pros and cons of getting an iPhone.

Pros: its freakin amazing.

Cons: no corporate email support, battery life, only 8 gigs and Edge network.

Our work arounds. You can always forward your corporate email account to your gmail and down to your phone. You won't have the syncing ability but at least you have email. Battery, if the applecare covers a new battery when it dies then its worth it. 8 gigs, no one else has a problem with the limited space except me so maybe I need to figure this one out. Edge network, slow Internet browsing but find a WiFi hotspot and you are good to go. Plus 3G is just around the corner and maybe, just maybe the antenna is already built into the phone and can be turned on with a firmware upgrade. This one is just wishful thinking with lots of Internet rumors backing it up.

So in the end all the things the iPhone can't do can be remedied. This leaves me in an interesting position. I desparately need a new cell phone and my ipod is on its last leg. I could get the 8 gig iPhone and be out $400 but have both devices. I can always get a nano if I feel the need for extra storage or even a classic if I happen to fall into a pile of money.

Or I get a Samsung Blackjack for $100 and get an iPod 16 gig touch for $400 putting my total at $500 and 2 devices. The data plan on the iPhone would only be an extra $20 a month whereas it would be $40 on the Blackjack. I would have 3G support and corporate email on the Blackjack but it wouldn't be the iPhone.

I have decided that the Motorola Q is out of the running. I know I have blogged about it being the coolest thing ever but its coming in at $300 and that is too much when you factor in a new iPod.

The touch has some features missing that people are not too happy about so it might be worth it to combine the 2 devices. I knew the minute Apple dropped the price of the iPhone I would talk myself into getting one and it pisses me off. Damn you Steve Jobs!!!!!!

Posted by mardenhill 9/10/2007 05:22:00 PM  

1 Comment:

  1. Jenna said...
    I saw a guy at a restaurant with an iPhone last night. It was the first time I'd seen one in person and it's as cool as it seems. I really have no use for it, but if one did, it's a neat freaking toy.

Post a Comment