Site Network: Home | About



Earth Watch


Courtesy of Gizmodo.com

If you're one of the dozen people in the world who still wears a watch, you might have already been lusting after this Ulysse Nardin Tellurium J. Kepler masterpiece, one of just 99 to be made in the world. It's named after Johannes Kepler, the 14th/15th-century astronomer who was one of the first scientists to document the laws of planetary motion.

In its middle, the watch shows you the Earth as seen from the North Pole, or if you live in the southern hemisphere, you can order a model that shows a view of the South Pole. There's a flexible spring that rotates around as the day progresses, showing which half of the earth is in daylight hours. One part of the watch rotates once per year, and another shows you when there will be eclipses of the Sun and the Moon. Made of platinum, this is one spectacular-looking timepiece—too bad it costs $118,000.

http://www.ulysse-nardin.com/e/collection.e/watchdetail.e.jsp?ID_Group=10000T


.......................................

I love globes and maps and anything that have photos of the earth from space. I have the coolest wallpaper on my mac, its called earthdesk and it rotates clouds and night time across the screen. With that in mind when I saw this watch I was blown away. I will admit I don't wear watches but if I had one with the earth on it I might. Unfortunately this one comes in at $118,000 so I don't expect to be getting it anytime soon. Actually, I don't think I would even feel comfortable wearing something that expensive. I guess I should head to Canal St to look for a knockoff. I have a great Movado I got for $20, maybe I could get one of these.

http://www.xericdesign.com/earthdesk.php

Posted by mardenhill 8/16/2007 01:41:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment